Section breaks are used in the long document for making it easy to read for the reader. Here is complete detail on how to add or remove section breaks in MS Word.
Microsoft Word is the most useful tool in the editorial department. No doubt everyone uses this tool for making essential documents. It allows us to create the document with our own style and requirements.
MS Word has many features that we can access and one of the most useful features is “section breaks”. We already discussed are uses of this feature. By adding the section and page breaks, the workflow becomes much easier.
Reasons, why do You Need Section and Page Breaks?
Section and page breaks are used in the long document to covert within different parts which the reader can easily handle and read the long documents.
Further, you can also use the section and page breaks to jump from one page to another page. A section page can distinguish some parts of the text visually to provide an improved understanding experience.
How to Add a Section or Page Break
Inserting section or page break is easy, just follow the instruction then you will be able to insert a section or page break in Microsoft Word:
- First of all, you need to select the place where you want to add a section or page break
- Make sure your cursor is at the right place
- At the top of the page, you need to click on “Insert”
- There will be shown a list and you have to choose “Break”
- Further, you need to choose a type of section break for introducing
- Alternatively, you can use the “layout” option
- Click on “Layout” then “Breaks”
- In the same way, you can choose the type of break you want to insert.
Hope so now you can add a section or page break in MS Word, further the images are attached that will help to indicate the break option in MS Word.
How to Remove a Section or Page Break
Once you have been inserted the section or page break in MS Word and want to remove this then you can follow these steps that are mentioned below. After following this you will easily remove section or page break in MS Word:
- Firstly, you need to identify the inserted breaks
- Then you can highlight it with the course (that you want to remove)
- Simply, press the ‘Delete’ or ‘Backspace’ key on your keyboard
- Alternatively, you can also “CTRL + Z” to remove the early action.
Now the section break will be removed properly and the text will be formatted according to the next section.
Hope so you can do the add and remove section breaks in your document after following the instructions. Section breaks in MS Word can help you better organize your text and get more control as far as formatting is anxious.